Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Spring Is Coming!

I live in Michigan and we have been pounded with snow, freezing temperatures, and dangerous driving conditions.  So what's a girl to do? Make Rabbits what else?  When Old Man Winter gets you down I say fight back and think Spring thoughts and make as many rabbits as you possibly can!
I started out by painting this small child size stool I found. I painted it a nice shabby blue and hand painted a leaping rabbit on the top. It is simple but clearly gets the message of Spring across.
 

Next I punched out some Rabbit garlands from a Jackie Schmidt pattern.  I love her patterns they are prim and simple my favorite!

 
 
Here is another pattern from T.F.C. Folk Art by Jackie that I have made before and still think she is the cutest thing ever.  She is wearing a grain sack dress with Sweet Annie in the pocket.
 
 
These are just some more rabbits that I made and filled this twig cradle up with, as I said before you can never have too many bunnies! Really it's true.
 

 
I wanted a cool way to display the bunny garlands so I decide to hunt through my stash to see what I could come up with.  I found these three drawers and two large spools.  I needed legs so in another box I found four nice finials that worked just perfect.



I have a whole new batch of rabbits I painted up yesterday, they need the finishing touches but I promise to post them when they are done. I hope this post inspires you to dream about Spring and warmer weather and of course bunnies running around the yard!










 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment