Monday, November 25, 2013

The Sign Says Free? Really?

 
One beautiful autumn Saturday I decided to go hunting for treasures.  I ended up I a near by town where there are several re-sale shops.  I pulled up to one of my favorite shops and there on the curb was this desk with a sign.  I love free you know that I established that a long time ago so this day was shaping up very nicely.  I went into the shop and asked really? Free? Yup, it was free alright, it was missing a top drawer and needed to be re-glued in spots and some other minor damage repaired.  Just what I love! Here in this picture I have already repaired the top drawer and patched the holes.
 


I decided to paint the desk grey and white with a Frenchy design on top.  I replaced the wooden knobs with porcelain ones.


I painted a chair grey to go with the desk and also painted a French design on it. I think they make a lovely couple.  And a word to the wise ......keep your eyes open you never know when you will find a diamond in the rough on the side of the road for free.....

No comments:

Post a Comment