Tuesday, February 5, 2013

High Chair Remake




I got this high chair a long time ago, I don't think it was very old and but I liked it. It was missing the tray but I thought I could resell it "as is" and someone would be interested in it for display. A nice doll or teddy bear I was thinking but I guess I was the only one that thought that.  The chair sat there for 2 years no nibbles so I decided that I would take it home and give it a make-over.



I decided to go all out and went through my stash of goods to see what I could partner up with this great little chair and give it a chance to be a part of modern decor but keep a trace of the vintage charm.

I attached a found mirror and some shutters to the top and an old door top to the chair handles.  Next I attached some boards so I could give it drawers.  It is a very one of a kind piece and it sold right away.  It makes a nice display piece and doesn't take up much room. 

 I added a tin tile I had to the back as a drawer stop and accent.  I painted the whole thing white and sanded it up so it looked worn.  Who can figure, I put a pile of stuff out in the middle of the room and just start hooking it all together and then sell it. What fun. I am thankful that there are people that see things as I do and expand there minds to decorate with the unusual.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing transformation... I don't think I would have known it was a highchair in its former life lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it kind of surprised me too after time had past and coming back to post this ... I have so much fun with junk...

      Delete