Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Paris Subway Art Dresser


I am sorry that there are no before pictures of this dresser but it was just a plain dresser that had a light stained finish.  I spray painted the top of the dresser with Brilliant Silver spray paint and the bottom in a winter white.
 Next I stenciled on random french addresses onto the front.  I replaced the knobs with some tan porcelain ones I just happened to have.  When I go to sales and thrift shops I always pick up the bags of knobs and dresser pulls I find, you just never know when they will come in handy.  Some say "Hoarder" I say be prepared the day will come if you wait long enough.  It only took me 4 years to use these knobs but I must say it is a perfect match!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    This is so ironic - I just finished a subway dresser ( I've done a lot of them ) because I haven't seen one in such a long time - just just finished an hour ago LOL
    Posting mine tomorrow or friday!
    Great job!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete