Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Patchwork Chair Rescue

Last summer I was lucky enough to pick 3 Parsons chairs off a free pile.  One was unrepairable and the other 2 needed work but I felt they would be a fun project.  The chair was stained and dirty so I cleaned it up and painted the under body with a coat of fresh paint. I painted the legs grey and then a coat of black.

 I took off the original chair cover, ripped it apart and used it for a pattern. I found a vintage wool quilt that was sitting in my sewing room and decided that it would be cool to make a new chair cover from it.
                             I like the back flaps and way the cover fit the chair and the muliti-colors.
I think I still should make a small accent pillow to sit on the chair to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment