Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Old School

I went to a sale last year and picked up 2 wonderful old school desks for 5.00, that is 5.00 for the both of them. I usually pass up desks like this but I really couldn't resist the 2 for 5 deal. I saw some painted on Pinterest a while back and decided it was time to dig one of the desks out of my stash and give it a go.  I primed it first with bonding primer and then painted the desk with a maroon paint. The color was so terrible that I had to decided to go back to my old faithful friend barn red.  Next I painted the flag and stars and then stained over the whole thing and gave it a poly finish coat.



2 comments:

  1. I saw this pinned on Pinterest. It is so cute, you did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing!
    Your newest follower - Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW Cool!!!!!!! Thank you Mindie!!!!!!!!!!!! and thank you Terrie! I love looking on Pinterest and seeing my stuff that people pinned....makes me feel good!

    ReplyDelete