Saturday, March 3, 2012

Corner Shelves




This is what you get when you go to garage sales all summer and find a bunch of corner shelf pieces.  I bought a set of doors and had a set of hinged shutters and put them all together.  The top shelf (just the bottom piece) was given to me after a child fell on the piece and broke it all to pieces.  It had a drawer that made it worth the saving so I took it home to my laboratory.  I had to replace the top shelf because it was split in two, luckily I had the two wall shelves with trim that fit the piece perfectly.  The bottom piece is two sets of wooden corner pieces that my husband attached to a bi-fold door.  Three of the shelves had the cool architectural trim and three didn't so I just placed them as you can see every other one. I think my husband did a great job putting this piece together, Jeff has been a builder all his life and worked commercial for years so this was a piece of cake for him. I in my wildest dreams could never get shelves so even and straight. Thanks Husband you rock!  I baked him some special pecan bars tonight to thank him, he is such a great guy!




Pecan Pie Bars
2 cups flour
1/4 packed brown sugar
1/2 (1 stick) Margerine or Butter
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 (14 - ounce ) sweetened Condensed Milk
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons Real Lemon Juice

1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.  Press mixture on bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, combine pecans, milk an lemon; pour over crust. Bake 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool. Cut into bars. Store at room temperature. Makes 36 bars.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your creative projects at Potpourri Friday! I appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I will be keeping my eye out for scrollwork to do this with, since I hope to open up a shop this year & already knew I wanted a small corner shelf. Never thought of making one with shutters.

    ReplyDelete