Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blue Curio Shelf

Every time I go to a secondhand shop I always find something I can't walk away from. I can't explain it....it is what it is.  I went to a small shop that usually doesn't have furniture still I found a piece I just had to buy.


Doesn't look like much I know.  The 2 shelf pieces were .59 and 1.29 and as we all know you get what you pay for. In my case that is hardly ever true.  I see something handmade like this and right away I get a vision of what it could be.  The little drawer (in the middle) was a 1.00 so total I spent 2.88 so I really didn't have much to loose, less that a cup of coffee at Biggby's.
I stacked the piece together like building blocks and applied a coat of bonding primer.  I mixed up a batch of paint and painted 2 coats of that over the primer.  When it was dry I scuffed up the edges and gave it a coat of Min Wax water base poly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment