Thursday, December 8, 2011

Picture This

I got this ladder the other day for free, that's right free it doesn't get any better than that. I loved the sized it probably went to a set of bunk beds originally.  I had seen a similar version on Pinterest a while back and thought this ladder would be perfect to make a photo ladder.   I primed it and painted it a silky gray color and top coated it with water based poly.  I found the 3 frames brand new at a thrifty store and painted them with some spray paint.  I put some eyelet screw on the top of each frame and tied them with jute to the ladder. I was so lucky that the rungs where close enough together that the bottom of the frame had support, I never even gave it a thought when I bought them to complete this project, one lucky girl!  I will put this in the store for sale so I needed to finish it off with some eye catching graphics. Of course I went to "The Graphics Fairy" and found the key, crown, and bird.  I sized them and printed them out on a sheet of lettered paper I had printed out in advance.  The frames would look nice with pictures of the family in them too so it will be totally up to the new owner to decide.  I love unusual ways to decorate and I think this ladder is nice because it can go anywhere and doesn't have to be attached to a wall.   Thanks for stopping by check back again I will have more upcyled projects for you to look over. 

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! You certainly can't beat a free!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie
    www.saving4six.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until I can do something with a ladder... my Ella would just climb her little self right on that and fall... ahhh the joys of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! That looks like the perfect size ladder, not too big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I love your ladder. It really is adorable and lends itself to lots of alternatives in the way of artwork. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete