Thursday, December 1, 2011

No. 5


I painted this table once already with a prim country design. Nobody seemed to love it so I took it home and started over.  The oval shape of the table top reminded me of an oval number tag, a - ha I have a plan, just that simple.  I painted the bottom with black spray paint and the top with a flat black.  After the top finished drying I painted on the antique white sparsely so it would appear worn and streaked.  Next I found a number image on Google to get the large size image I needed.  I had stencils for the rest so that was a breeze.  As usual I finished the table top off with a dark glaze.  It will be interesting to see if this little table will sell the second time around!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I've redone that EXACT same table! Mine was missing a few spindles on the bottom however. I'd love for you to share this over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays on the Korner! http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/12/trash-2-treasure-tuesdays-9.html

    p.s. here's the the one I did if you're curious: http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/little-table-that-could.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kammy, I would be honored to share on your blog spot!!!!! I will take a look at your table too!

    ReplyDelete