Thursday, November 3, 2011

Union Jack Night Stand

Well it has been over a month since I have been able to write and post some new things. I have been so busy with family and work. But I am back and hopefully will be able to keep up and put things on every week. First up this week is a night stand I picked up at a thrift store and decided to paint it with the Union Jack.  The trouble is after the first paint job I realized I had the colors backwards, I had the red where the blue went and the blue where the red went.  It looked great but I thought people would think I was all mixed up and decided to sand it down and try again.  I think it came out nice, I did like the first rendition and maybe I will try that one again it really was pretty cool.

5 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool.... I have seen the Union Jack Flag motif used on a number of furniture pieces and really like it.

    Thanks for coming to the party!


    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous! I love seeing the Union Jack motif on things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I love those brass handles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very nice, what a nice job, how did you keep the lines straight???

    kate

    ReplyDelete