Sunday, September 11, 2011

Vintage Whites




Just a few of my favorite things.  I found all these wonderful things at a garage sale last month and took a day to give them a new look.  The picnic basket was so dreary so I painted it shabby white and painted roses on the top. After a quick amaretto glaze I think it looks perfect for a day in the country.
These wonderful things were all for sale at a yard sale.  I knew the lady and she was so sweet.  She said "if my prices are too high just tell me and I will make you a deal".   I know a good deal when I see one and am smart enough not to let a deal get in the way of good manners.  So often magazines inform people that if they are new to treasure hunting to always ask the seller for a better price.  They also need to say remember your manners and don't insult the seller by asking for a better deal on something that is rock bottom priced to begin with.  Be fair to the seller and they will always welcome you back!  I love the way these things look so gently used.  Painted baskets with a antique glaze are a winner in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment