Saturday, July 30, 2011

Come sit a spell.



As you know I love a good flea market. The last one I went to I came across a pair of small chairs. Child size chairs are always a "must buy" for me and I nearly sprained my wrist trying to get to my wallet to secure the deal. This was just the beginning fate was soon to deliver a table to compliment my little darlings. A few weeks later at a tag sale there minding its own business and basking in the sun was the perfect match for my fabulous chairs. I circled the table several times summing up whether it was the "chosen one" or not. I knew that I had found the right one when the seller accepted my offer and tucked them neatly into my vehicle.


Now the fun part of planning the colors and design for my project. I sat and drew up plans but nothing seemed to work. As I gazed out the window at the passing clouds in the beautiful sky and dreamed of roadside treasures it hit me. Robin's egg blue and white would be just the ticket. I have seen so many project as of late depicting subway art and knew it would be just perfect to grace the top of the table. I used a dark brown glaze to give the set an aged and well loved look and decided my work is done here! I just love it when you find the components for a project in fases then you know that destiny had a hand in it and it is a match made in heaven.

2 comments:

  1. such a cute idea for a children's table

    http://designpardeux.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself capturing this wonderful table and chairs!

    ReplyDelete